Guthrie County State Bank invited its customers to “Celebrate May Day” by performing random acts of kindness in the month of May. When submitting a photo showing the act of kindness with the hashtag #GCSBMayDay, the customer nominated a local small business or nonprofit to receive one of nine $900 donations in honor of GCSB’s 90th anniversary this year. A total of $8,100 will be donated to businesses and nonprofits in Guthrie County.
GCSB customers were invited to submit their acts of kindness via Facebook, Instagram or email with the hashtag #GCSBMayDay. With the submission, the person nominated a local small business or nonprofit to receive $900. The submissions ranged from fixing patio blocks to weeding flowerbeds, all performed with the goal of raising spirits and helping local organizations.
Following are the organizations receiving $900 and the persons who nominated them.
- Guthrie County Girl Scouts Troops – Nominated by Heather Wilker
- Guthrie Center Golf Course – Nominated by Rod Robson
- Tori’s Angels Foundation – Nominated by Lora Koch and JoAnn Alumbaugh
- Art on State – Nominated by Rebecca Carico and Bev Mills
- 3C’s (Children’s Clothes Closet) – Nominated by Gracie Phillips
- Relay For Life of Guthrie County – Nominated by Becky Secoy Peterson and Vicki Varnum Crannell
- Bayard Connection – Nominated by Luann Waldo
- Mitchell Park Musical Playground (a joint project of the Guthrie County Arts Council and Guthrie Center Parks and Recreation) – Nominated by Debbie Menning
- Panora Public Library – Nominated by Kerry Jacobsen
Thank you for all of the acts of kindness and participation! We will be in contact soon with the winning organizations.